Cheeky Monkey

Monkeys are creepy. Curious George, that little nightmare from Monkey Shines, and don't get me started on the barrell of--I want nothing to do with them. I don't know how anyone can have a sofa covered in this:

And monkeys dressed as people? Even worse. Was this a fabric shoppe with only monkeys and clowns and all the clowns were gone?

I was Googling myself, and found another Erin Michael. At first, I thought it was kind of interesting, since my name's not THAT common. Then I was horrified. The other Erin Michael makes sock monkey fabric! I usually enjoy irony, but this does not make me joyful. I stopped looking for any other Erin Michael after that.

One GOOD irony is that I love saying the word 'monkey.' It's hilarious! It makes any situation funnier. For instance, in Ghostbusters 2, there are 2 scenes in which Bill Murray uses 'monkey'--once as a noun and another as an adjective. The man's a comic genius with that twist. I've watched these scenes and tried to imagine him not using the word 'monkey' and, no, not as funny. Now, go back and watch and you'll see it's true. 'Monkey' is the new 'biscuit.'

No comments:

Post a Comment