The Artist Formerly Known As...

I've been wanting to come up with a unique symbol I could use on my e-maille jewelry tags and other things. I've been using just an "E" until now, because nothing before was really working or 'grabbing' me. I finally came up with one, so the next logical step was, of course, to make a pendant of my artistic identity. You know... like Prince... because he and I are so similar. I like purple. And rain. Anyway...

My new mark consists of my initials "ELM" arranged in a sort of skewed way. I couldn't have it too straightforward. That's not how I roll. My initial arrangement is enclosed by one big ring, because it was one ring that started all my maille madness, and I'm thankful. My new pendant is symmetrical, relatively simple, and, although I've been told it looks like a TIE Fighter turned sideways, I like it. So, now I just need to order a metal stamp and emblazen the world like Zorro. Again... so similar we are.

If any of you have ordered a custom metal stamp, I'd appreciate any info either way--who you'd do business with again or who you'd avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment