My Favorite Things... Metal Version

This is what happens when a tune gets stuck in my head while I'm up late working on things.

(sung to "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music)
Metal and torches and tumblers and pliers
Rocks set in bezels or maybe square wire
Doming blocks, files, when hammers go TING
These are a few of my favorite things - - -

Kilns fusing glassware and PMC gold
Liver of sulfur and cuttlebone molds
Anvils and pickle and pearls on a string
These are a few of my favorite things - - -

Draw plates, wax carvings, roll printings, crochet hooks
Tubing and lubing and reading McCreight's books
Headpins and eyepins and Links for a Queen
These are a few of my favorite things - - -

When the fuel's out
When the ring flings
When my eyes are had
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one has said so in nearly a month that this post has been up --- this is fantastic. It needs to be on the front page of... something, somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! What started out as a little jingle in my head turned into a mission of rhyme and rhythm late one night. I didn't even make the 'Things' connection ('My Favorite' & 'How I See...') until a couple days after I'd finished. It WAS late. :)

    ReplyDelete