Wishing You All a Happy and Prosporous 2009!

I'm working on getting my goals set for the new year, so this post will probably be updated as I brainstorm and prioritize.

I have decided to pare back and simplify the inventory on MakeSomething.NET. I plan to add findings that are handmade and more specialized toward chainmaille use like multi-strand and differently-shaped clasps and transitional pieces.

In e-maille.com land, I want to sell at some craft/art shows in 2009. The shows I had previously attended from 2005-2007 had gradually declined in attendance and quality of other vendors (mass-produced junk or otherwise banal, non-handmade wares). The trick is finding the shows in my area that are good. I'd love to find an all-handmade (with the artists in attendance), artsy, juried, fun show with other vendors who are passionate about what they make. If you've attended a really good show in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (either selling or shopping), I'd appreciate your perspective. I've learned the event promoters are mostly concerned with getting their booth fee and won't give an honest opinion. The last event I did in 2007 was so horrible, I had no desire to do any this year. Depending on researching and feedback, it's not out of the question to arrange a show myself with other artists in the area. It's A LOT more work, but I think the end result would be great.

Overall, I just want all my family and friends to be happy and healthy and remember that no matter how bad things get, those moments will pass and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment