Make Your Own Chainmaille Classes!

Previously, my Can You BeWeave It? Chainmaille Classes have been delivered as a one class/one pattern format, but I've decided to change things up for the better.

Variety
Now, you can come to class without having to choose a pattern in advance. I'll have Pattern kits in many colors to get you started. If you start one Pattern kit and decide you've worked enough on it and want to try another, you can. Assembling chainmaille patterns is similar to crocheting or knitting in that you learn a 'stitch' and repeat it over and over until your project is complete. You can take advantage of the unlimited personal instruction in these afternoon classes and learn to start as many Patterns as you like and finish them later. If you're feeling more adventurous, I'll also have a number of Project kits available. Email me if you have a preference for a specific kit, and I'll have it ready for you on class day.

Flexibility
I get it. You're busy. Sometimes a 2-hour class on a Thursday or Saturday evening isn't doable. Swing by the studio on a Sunday afternoon anytime between Noon and 4PM and get any help you need to get your Pattern started then finish it on your own. Stay as briefly or as long as you like.

A nice thing about chainmaille construction is you can do it practically anywhere. I have a couple pairs of pliers and rings in a little bag always. If I get stuck in a doctor's waiting room or want to take a break at Starbucks, I whip out my bag and make earrings.

Fun
Bring your friends! Whether it's because of their support or competition, bring 'em and have a nice afternoon with chat, chainmaille, and... cheese cubes? I felt I had to alliterate. Anyway--I'll have drinks and snacks, and I've been known to rock a mean cupcake with REAL sugar and butter. Feel free to bring your own refreshments as well--alcoholic or not. I don't judge.

The first 
Make Your Own Chainmaille Class
is scheduled for 
Sunday, 04 May 2014. 



No comments:

Post a Comment